- Safety belts are in good working order.
- There are 2 white headlights, both working.
- There are 2 red taillights, both working, visible for 500 feet to the rear.
- White rear license plate light is visible for 50 feet to the rear.
- There are 2 red reflectors on side rear fenders of vehicle.
- There are 2 brake lights, both working, visible from 500 ft in normal daylight.
- Right and left turn signal are on the front and rear of vehicle, visible from 500 feet.
- Front and rear plates are required except for motorcycles and trailers.
- Brakes are in good working order.
- Tires have no body ply or belt material exposed, no tread or sidewall separation.
- Tire pressure should be accurate.
- Exhaust system is in good working order and constant operation.
- Windows and windshield are clean, free from obstruction, cracks or decals.
- Good working windshield wipers are required.
- Rearview mirror is required so a driver will be able to see at least 200 feet behind the vehicle.
- Working horn is required, must be heard from 200 feet away.
- Fenders must cover entire width of tire tread that touches the pavement.
- Drive in a safe and courteous manner.
- Keep a valid license in your possession.
- Perform a vehicle safety check prior to beginning travel.
- Drivers and all passangers must wear seat belts.
- Do not drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Do not use cell phones or texting devices while driving.
- Do not pick up hitchhikers.
- Do not leave a running vehicle unattended.
- Be mindful of the weather.
Avoid driving during severe weather conditions.